Top 10 Twitter Trend Tools
With the tremendous amount of user generated content, twitter is a gold mine for raw data and the ability to track emerging trends. As I watched the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver last night, it was interesting to watch this major events trend on twitter as the graph illustrates.
From web applications to iPhone apps the availability to track everything from hashtags to keyword specific niches. This data is invaluable for targeting customers in the now and long into future.
- Twitter Search (Duh!) - This is the easiest way to track trends – in fact it’s the official spot!
- TweetGrid - Allows you to create a search dashboard along with the ability to view a trending 3×3 dashboard.
- TwitScoop – It’s “Hot Trends” List allows you to search and follow what’s buzzing on twitter in real-time.
- TwitURLy – Displays twitter’s hottest memes in a Digg-like style (Tweets = Votes).
- Trendistic – A visual interface allows you to see trends in twitter
- Tweetmeme – The epicenter for link sharing on twitter.
- Monitter – One of the best ways to track trends in real-time.
- Hashtags – As the names states; track’em and graph’em here.
- Twubs – Twitter groups built around content aggregated from #hashtags.
- DailyRT – The most popular retweets on the web presented for experts and novices.
Everyday you are almost guaranteed to find someone talking about the smallest niche. With over a million tweets generated an hour I’m interested in hearing how you track twitter trends?