A few months ago Razorfish released the Social Influence Marketing Report
I am just now diving into the breadth of the report and wanted to share some of my favorite excepts helping marketers like myself how to employ social media marketing more effectively.
As described: What is Social Influence Marketing? Social Influence Marketing (SIM) is about employing social media and social influencers to achieve the marketing and business needs of an organization. Social Influence Marketing is about recognizing, accounting and tapping into the fact that as your potential consumer makes a purchasing decision, he or she is being influenced by different circles of people through conversations with them, both online and off. It is not enough to market to the consumer anymore; as a marketer you also have to market to each individual’s social influencers throughout the marketing funnel…
- Social Influence Marketing touches every part of marketing and every dimension of an organization
- Brands must socialize with consumers
- Brands must develop a credible social voice
- Brands must provide a return on emotion to their consumers
- Brands aren’t connecting enough with consumers in a social environment
Closing thoughts: Rethink how you engage with consumers and their influencers. Engage with them in ways that they want you to engage with them. Reflect on whether your marketing department is structured for this new ecosystem. And start managing your efforts against your SIM Score both online and offline if you can. Marketing has changed forever. Have you?