2009 things might be a stretch but like Kermit the Frog always said: “It’s not easy being green!”
It seems that always around this time of the year we are reminded of our impact on the Earth and how we affect future generations with our “carbon footprint”
So here are a few eco-friendly tips I wish to share.
- Keep an eye on ENERGY STAR ratings! The higher, the better!
- Use public transportation!
- Swap one day of driving for walking or biking!
- Buy food from local farms!
- Bring your own reusable bag when you go shopping!
- Turn off your computer at night!
- Unplug electronic devices — including cellphone chargers — when not in use!
- Turning off the water while you’re brushing your teeth can save gallons of water!
- Pass up bottled water for filtered tap water!